The Bennington College Mediation Clinic (BCMC) will sponsor the 2011 Hope and Connections Community Lunch on Tuesday, Nov. 8, from 12:00-3:00 p.m., at the First Baptist Church (601 Main St., Bennington). The event is free and open to the public.
The goals of the Hope and Connections Community Lunch are to facilitate connections between people seeking services and the community organizations that provide them, to promote dialogue and connections among service providers, and to share a meal.
Following the free lunch, people may visit with representatives from participating organizations to discuss assistance with fuel, food, housing, mental health, mediation, and more. Representatives will also have the opportunity to converse with colleagues from other organizations. Bennington College students committed to supporting community dialogue will be available to help attendees navigate the event and make meaningful connections.
Representatives from the following organizations and agencies will be participating:
- Agency of Human Services
- Bennington College Mediation Clinic
- Greater Bennington Interfaith Community Services, Inc.
- BROC – Community Action in Southwestern Vermont
- Department of Children and Families
- The Center for Restorative Justice
- Greater Bennington Food and Fuel Fund
- United Counseling Service
- Sunrise Family Resource Center
For more information, contact BCMC administrator Amy Kuzmicki at 802-440-4344; or BCMC director Peter Pagnucco at 802-362-0999.